Monday, January 30, 2006

I Love The Gospel

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek" Romans. 1:16


I cherish the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel is to know God, and Jesus: who is God.. "And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John. 17:3

Some friends and I are starting a evangelistic association. We are currently seeking a non-profit status. We have come up with a name, but we need to see if it has been taken. Our plan is to work with the local body of churches in our area. At first I was not big on the idea of working with many different church's, because some times the gospel gets watered down to fit into an acceptable mold for ordinary consumption, lest anyone get offended by the truth. We have also secured a spot down at our local gospel mission for preaching, we are going to be rotating positions so we can all preach. I am looking forward to it.

The lot has been cast, and it has fallen upon me. Actually my friends have chosen me as the designated track writer. I am both humbled and honored, buy such an endeavor. I do like using tracks, it was Charles Spurgeon who said "never leave home without tracks". Sounds like 'American Express' has stolen Spurgeon's quote, with a little modification. Tracks usually leave people standing, so therefore I am able to talk to them longer. Tracks, can go where people can't and don't; such in private homes, prisons, and around the world. We know of many missionaries, and missions that we can send them our tracks. I know of people personally that God had used tracks as the means to preach the truth to them and God saved them. I am so excited to be able to play such a role, and be able to develop God-centered tracks. Most of the tracks I have been using, or I have seen, have either been cheesy or unsound in doctrine. By making my own, I will have none other than myself to blame.

My business partner and I; the both of us want to work full time in the ministry. I want to be able to study hard the bible, theological works, then go forth and evangelize, and preach the word. My business partner wants to focus primarily on evangelism. So we want to perhaps sell our business. We do have several people and organizations that want to contribute to our cause. May God grant us wisdom, and direction for our lives.

Please pray for me, as I start to write these tracks. Please pray that they be sound in doctrine, Christ exalting, God-centered and God glorifying. I plan to write at least one per month. First topic is on the subject of the atonement. If you have any good advise, I love to hear it, and I would vastly appreciate it as well. May we all go forth and herald the grand glorious Gospel of our wonderful God and King; our King of Kings Jesus Christ, who exalts His own name above His sacred word, and sits upon the throne forever. Amen

2 Comments:

Blogger Julianne said...

Sounds exciting! May God bring many to Himself through your faithfulness.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Yes, God does not command us to be successful, but rather faithful.

Which, I am glad. Because I blow it, all the time.

Thank you Julianne.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home