Thursday, January 26, 2006

"My Views on Socializing" Part 3

Healthy fear
I clean windows on high rise buildings sometimes between fifteen to thirty six stories high. People often ask me, are you scared of heights? My reply back is "You can say I have a healthy fear of heights." I have been doing this for a couple years now, at first I was scared witless. Having this healthy fear, I have a profound respect for gravity, and the God who made it. I know where my feet are at all times. I am oh so careful, I have to tie the squeegee to my wrist so I don't accidentally drop it. That might hurt getting hit by a flying squeegee at fifteen stories high or higher. And I do a lot of praying while up there. I believe it is similar when it comes to women. That is I think men should have have a healthy fear of women. We men should have a profound respect for women, and the God who made her. God made her unlike all the other creatures, she is unique, and intriguing while often more delicate. We should know where our feet are at all times, that is we should stand firm: firm on the solid foundation of God and his word. Standing to protect women, from the on slot of the bordrage and the malaise of falsehoods spewed out from our media and culture. While lying to her, they are telling her what it means to be of, true womanhood, while lies and deceit is all the world knows. Us men need to be careful in guarding the hearts of women, and protecting their purity, and trust. Praying always with holy hands, so God will enable us men, to be the men we ought to be, and have the wisdom of knowing how we should treat our sisters in Christ.

I am old fashion
I am old fashion. I think there ought to be, some awkwardness and discomfort between guys and gals. Let me explain: go to your local high school at lunch time or after school, and you will see how comfortable guys and gals are with each other. Hugging and kissing doing all kinds of inappropriate behavior. If the boys were taught respect, and had it toward the girls, they would not be doing such things. They would be exercising self control. Ladies are to be treated with dignity and honor. I never could understand why in youth groups or in other Christian social gathering, that it was acceptable if guys and gals gave each other back rubs. It always seemed odd to me, and not wise. I don't think gals should be treated as one of the guys either, nor buddies. It has always bothered me if I hear a guy call a girl a dude. I was in Saint Arbucks recently and some guy called a girl a dude. I looked up, and noticed a gal, that was caring herself more like a dude, probably living up to being called a dude. Or, the dude looked like a lady. One of the two. She didn't seem to mind being called a dude. I have though confronted guys, usually when the gal is gone, and have said to the guy, "that was a lady you were talking too, not a dude." I have gotten some blank stares back, but I have had some dudes say "thanks, I will watch myself, and try not to do that anymore." Perhaps this might all sound weird to you, but I forewarned you that I am old fashion. Hers how old fashion I am. I think if a guy likes a girl, he should feel uncomfortable, and awkward around her, he should have shaking knees, hot ears, and dry mouth; perhaps forgetting the words he wanted to say to her. Yet, within himself courage rises amongst his fears. He knows what he's got to do. So he tries to overcome the fear and fights to win the affection of this dear lady, that he has been delighting in, and has been watching her from a distance. This used to be called romance. Now a days everyone wants to become buddies, blurring the mark between the guys and the gals.

2 Comments:

Blogger Correy said...

Great illustration at the start with your job of window cleaning.

I have learnt a great deal from your post and like this perspective. Thanks.

12:29 AM  
Blogger carson said...

Dude! I know the guy you are talking about, and he is not even walking with the Lord, He has denied the faith altogether. I saw the warning sighns way in advance, as we where pretty close friends at one time. We actally had a debate one time in Ashland, because I told somone they were going to hell, because they denied the trinity. He told me I was being to harsh and I should have just asked the guy to accept Jesus. "Don't clean a fish before you catch it".

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home