Friday, June 03, 2005

Weltanchauung



Free-will is a pill
I just can't swallow.

Knowing me as I do
It sounds sort of hollow.

I know I am free
to choose what I would.

But I never seem
to choose what I Should.


As Christians especially we Calvinist we need, what is called in German a weltanschauung ("world and life view or system). A Calvinist worldview that sees things as they are, from God's perspective. God centeredness. And Music always seems to be the last thing to have a reformed worldview.

Today I was looking for good sound new music. I purchased Fernado Ortega's Hymns of Worship. It's pretty good. I also purchased Buddy Greene's Hymns & Prayer Songs . I enjoyed it as well, but was a little disappointed of song three 'Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing'. Why? Because, that is on my top ten favorite songs, and it was instrumental. I wanted to hear the words, and it was cut short. Now, nothing against you ladies, but I want to hear a guy a (bonafide male) sing this song. A man wrote it . (Robert Robinson 1758).
I been looking long and hard for any reformed Celtic music (not just instrumental). I found through the web Celtic dancing. Which sounds like fun, but I want some good music. Any one else have any reformed music they would like to suggest. I have some non-reformed rapper friends, I am trying to be the means that God uses to convert them. Can you imagine reformed Christian rappers. Maybe they could rap the 5 points of calvinism. Let me hear from you all. All three of yah.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julianne said...

You got me there. I have some of Fernado Ortega's cds, they're pretty good. Celtic...haven't heard any reformed. I would LOVE to see a reformed celtic group. As far as rap, it would be a good way to communicate God's Word. I don't know why the majority of Christian rappers don't take that opportunity. Have a good Friday.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, only "Calvinists" can see the way things are from God's perspective? If thats true then, those who lived before John Calvin never saw the world properly from God's perspective.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Paul the apostle was a calvinist.

Jesus was a calvinist.James White's book "The Potter's Freedom" has a chapter in it name the same.

"Calvinism is a nickname for Biblicalism" C.H.Spurgeon

Calvinism did not start with John Calvin. Check out the video "Amazing Grace" the History and theology of calvinism.Click on "fonders" on my links to order it. Their is so much more material out there that I could suggest. Just check out the history of it.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Jessica,
Thanks for the info/lead.

The reformed rapper(Sharon duke)sounds interesting. How can I obtain a copy of one.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Hello Jessica,
I tried, I could not seem to find her CD. So, if you can get a hold of her and find out how I cant get her CD that would be groovy.
Thanks, The Lord Bless you much.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel! I linked to you through Jessica's site.

I started studying the sovereignty of God back in November. Wow, God truly opened my spiritual eyes!

While I'm not particularly fond of all the "labels," I obviously lean toward the Calvinistic viewpoint.

Anonymous, no, not only Calvinists see things from God's perspective. Your comment is one of the reasons I don't hold to the labels. Call it whatever you wish, but God is sovereign, and He reveals that profoundly throughout Scripture.

There has been no greater study in my Christian walk.

I really enjoyed your profile. :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Hey jessica thanks!
I look forward to hearing from you about getting her CD. I hope she rapps the so called five points of calvinism.

Hello Gayla,
Thanks for tuning in.
I not quite sure what people mean, when they say such as yourself "I am not fond of Labels." Since I notice from your profile that your a wife and mother. Are they not labels? I don't mean to be contemptuous. I am just trying to understand what people mean when they say it. I hear that sentiment often. I am just a little slow to understand. I think I will post something about this as well.

However, I am thankful to God and I rejoice that God has open your eyes to see truth So clearly.All Praise me to His Wonderful name.
Soli Deo Gloria

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home