Friday, May 27, 2005

God Is God



God Is God
you say to men " God is God"
They seem to see the truth and nod.
And when you say" He can do anything"
They will surely like that orthodox ring.

But when you say " He Chose"
Their minds begin to close.
For they have learned by rote,
Mankind has the deciding vote.

In matters not What Scriptures say;
Modern man must have his sway.
"Let God be God but not over me!"
In every man Adam shouts his plea.

For in each man there speaks a voice ,
"Thank you, please, I'll make my own choice.
Let God be God and do what I say.
If He won't, then I won't play."

Then he boasts and appeals to reason,
"I chose God and I'm not teasin."
"Reason will answer," men declare,
"We chose Him, that makes Him fair."

Some never learn that they've got it wrong;
They just keep singing that tired old song.
Reason wins over every decree.
God does not decide they all agree.

"He has no rights over man's clay.
We saved ourselves on a lucky day."
This is the the pride of Adam's whole race,
"We need just a little of thy divine grace."

And that pretty much tells man's story;
If he needs little grace, he gets much glory.
Except that Truth just keeps on repeating,
"Don't you know My grace you're depleting?"

So, my friend--

When you learn your opinion to shun,
You'll probably find an "election" you've won.
You'll hear, far above reason's noise and din,
A voice, "My will too needed to be born again."

Kenneth D. Johns







1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Mann said...

Hey michael,
thanks for checking out the blog.The non-calvinst may not say or even think it, but the implication is there.Kind of a figure of speach.
Even sacred scripture speaks like this,For an example off the top of my head Psalm 2:3 "Let us break their chains,"they say, "and throw off their fetters."
Do these people really say this word for word.It is implied, by their lifestyle.

"Our God is a God who saves;from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death.(Psalm 68:20)

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home